Friday, November 14, 2008

Let there be Light

WOW!! 240 lumen light bulbs are awesome!! I needed a new light in my bathroom. It went out a week ago and I replaced it with a nice environmentally friendly bulb, but it was just too dim and took awhile to fully light up to that dimness. So today I went to ACE Hardware and bought a new lightbulb. WOW!!, I'll say it again, WOW! It is sooo bright. I can see every eyebrow that needs plucking, the one stray, mutant, whispy hair on my chin*. WOW!!! It is amazing.

On the downside, you can now see how dirty my bathroom is. Dusty, smudged mirrors. DRAT!!

I forgot to mention that while at ACE hardware, they had Good & Plenty candy, so I bought some. I like the salty licorice inside.



*of course I removed it the second I saw it.

2 comments:

splunge said...

Yeah, I'm refitting my house with low-energy lightbulbs as the old ones die, but the ones I bought are so much dimmer than what they say they're supposed to be equivalent to. They get a little brighter when they've been on for awhile, but not much. I thought maybe I'd just bought a bad brand -- but are they all that way? I can handle it in the hallway, but in the kitchen it's sorta depressing. I refuse to use the enviro-friendly ones in the bathroom, for the reason you cite. My mental health might improve if I couldn't see (and therefore obsess about) all my chin hairs that needed plucking, but I'm sure my social life would suffer if I didn't eradicate them. :)

apple slice said...

I like little lamps. I got some great shades for $1 at Tanya's warehouse sale. They are smashing and have given my room a new lease on life. I enjoy candy. My can't stop if I tried candy are red Swedish fish. Chewy!