Sunday, November 2, 2008

Falling





My super pleasant looking jack-o-lantern sure got angry looking as he desiccated. Oh well, don't we all. hahahahah.



I went on a lovely walk yesterday evening. I went down to Santaquin to do some canning. I had invited a beau as well, because nothing is as romantic as a walk in the orchards ( that might just be my opinion). But, he didn't come early enough for a walk, but we did bottle Tokay grapejuice. It was fun. When reporting how I had spent my weekend to some friends it was a hard sell trying to convience them that bottling is what all the hip young kids do nowadays for courting. Sheesh.

3 comments:

apple slice said...

Bottling juice is the peak of romance: a marriage of land and people. I hope he properly understood the significance. Perhaps you could have brought up grape stomping to your friends.

Marie said...

So sad about the punkin. He was a real heartbreaker in his youth.

They tried to sell the men in the ward on the food canning FHE by telling them food storage was a "chick magnet," but apparently none of them bought it because there were few men there, even considering our ward's male-female ratio. I look forward to the Last Days when this industrious little food-storing ant, dessicated though she may be, will be able to purchase herself a quality man for just a few cans of her precious food. Bwa ha ha ha!

I was going to make and can green tomato relish using all my unripened tomatoes, but I let them sit too long and now they've "ripened" into what will no doubt taste like grocery store tomatoes. Oh well. I guess it'll be bland tomato soup....

Marie said...

Oh, and Perry asked after you last night. He asked where my "twin" was. I was flattered on my behalf, and offended on yours. :)