Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Birthday-Mocktail Party

 So I had my annual birthday MOCKTAIL party.  The female guests brought hors devours and I supplied the bar contents. A HIT!! Used music from the era of Frank Sinatra and Etta James. p.s. that is a candy cigarette in Jeannie's mouth. Doesn't she look tough?



I liked my presents. People know me. I got all kitchen gifts. 2 cookbooks from Kendall and Jeannie, darling ramekins from Karen, a sweet apron from Tanya, miniture utensils from Annie, tea towels from Chris, handerchiefs/napkins with my initials from Kendall. Marie gave me some $ with which I bought my party shoes. A co-worker Lauren gave me a lovely orchid. Martha gave me some candy and a pineapple. Some fancy grapejuice from Tony Caputo's from Kiera. I am RICH in friends.



2 comments:

Marie said...

Happy Birthday! You're beautiful!

You do throw the best parties, and this one was even better because Rachel was out and about and not hidden away in the kitchen.

(And yes, kids, she whipped up that bolero herself -- in like a half hour.)

You should post a picture of the invitation.

apple slice said...

R, the party is a dream. I got the invitation today. With your cunning thank-you. So glad the ramekins were a hit. They are nice. They are French. Ooh! Such glam photos!