Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

On facebook lately there is a trend to request a list of 25 random things about yourself. I thought I would list them here. As a special treat for the day. *see number 20

1. I have senethesia. blue=Thursday=eight, red=Wednesday=five, yellow=Tuesday=seven, etc. etc. I have often answered "blue" when meaning to say "eight", etc.

2. I am dyscalculate with phone numbers; the last two digits I usually transpose.

3. I love the song, "I’m a little teapot".

4. I collect bottle caps, they are the currency in my family’s micro-nation.

5. I can drop start a chainsaw while hanging in a tree.

6. I hate for people to see me cry, but I actually enjoy a good cry in private, I find it cathartic.

7. I like the peppery smell of freesia flowers.

8. I am tactilely allergic to walnuts, but so far can eat them.

9. I love to make wishes on stuff, full moons, stars, train cabooses, wish-bones, etc.

10. I love 3X5 index cards.

11. I am positive I was supposed to grow an additional 2 inches…what happened?

12. I am a huge fan of Emily Post.

13. I drink raw milk from a dairy in Payson. It is sooooo delicious. Each week some family member goes down and picks up bottles for the rest of us in SLC.

14. I have sensitive teeth.

15. I scowl too much.

16. If I were an animal I would be an otter, if I were an article of clothing, I would be a scarf, if I were a fruit I would be a pomegranate.

17. I don’t like peppermint flavored things, spearmint fine, wintermint fine, any other minty flavor is fine, just not peppermint.

18. I have an alias, Tink Monad.

19. I have a rectangle birthmark on my bottom.

20. Today is my birthday!!!!

21. I have very poor cursive writing, but I am working on improving it.

22. I like VERY fine tipped pens.

23. Reading is Sexy!

24. I once caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and thought I was a cute boy.

25. I have reoccurring nightmares of the end of the world.

4 comments:

Marie said...

This is great!

I wonder if you were hypnotized if you could go back to the time and place where your senethetic associations were first made? Or do you think they're more arbitrary?

I wish I could climb half as well as you do. The drop-starting chainsaws would just be cream.

You and my mom should start a fine-tipped pen club. She's a real pen snob. If a pen glops on her she throws it away with no second chance and she guards her expensive Uniballs and fine felt tips with the ferocity of a mother lion.

I love "the currency in my family's micro-nation." I think I will steal it. I'm not sure yet what the currency is in *my* family's micro-nation, but I will have to find a way to work it into my conversation anyway.

An otter, eh? Because you like water. Any reason you chose otters over dolphins or seals or seacucumbers?

apple slice said...

The cute boy is tickling my fancy. You have started me on your currency. I transpose numbers too. Number 1 is something else. I think your brain is perfect for you. :) How is the milk different? I am a victim of Pasteur and can't see beyond the tip of my nose. The scarf! Love the scarf. I am a seal.

rachel with redshoes on said...

Marie, senethesia tends to be genetically based. It often runs in families. So even though there might have been certain associations like UNO cards, I just have always had them, but oddly they are slightly arbitrary, some I know cold, some I have to consider and some don't have automatic associations.

Yeah, micro-nations rule. We plan to have a flag design compitition, moto, etc.

Sea otter, definately not a river otter. I like the otter for its lifestyle, eating, sleeping laying on its back in a kelp bed, and playing. I like the fat little compact body. Super cuties.

rachel with redshoes on said...

Karen, a seal? we could frolick in the ocean together. Perfect. Dyscalcula is very common, I think most people just think they are bad with numbers. I did until NPR did an article on it. Ahah! there was a name for what I had. I learned about Senethesia on NPR too. Before then I thought everyone had color associations. Some people who have it see colors with music notes. So that a musical performance has an aura. That would be a nice version to have.

Raw milk has all the cream, it is so thick and delicious, well and it isn't homogenized either and so when you poor it out there are little chuncks of cream. Homogenization was developed by dairies to keep customers from switching brands based on cream content. These bottles come with a nice layer of cream on top. Pasturization is also supposed to make the calcium less available for absorption. As a petite woman I want to make sure I get plenty of calcium. The dairy is state inspected so I am confident in their practices. It's just a small, family run, local dairy.