Friday, April 6, 2012

A Persistent Gummy Bear

You may remember my previous incident involving 'off-brand' gummy bears. Well, I have another chapter to add to the gummy bear book of life. I had to travel to Atlanta, GA for work. It was nice. I had a lovely suite that was a block away from the Olympic Park. Traffic flowed under my windows, but not excessively. I was able to walk to a nice pizzaria near by and have drinks on the roof-top patio of my hotel. I liked being alone. I am still adjusting to being married and sometimes I like having absolute autonomy.

Well, now to the reason I write. As I was cleaning my room in preparation for my departure I was giving it a good look-over and imagine my wonderment at finding a little neglected gummy bear under my bed. I had not eaten any gummy bears and so it must have been from a previous guest. Lost and neglected. I ate him, helping him fulfill the measure of his creation. 

3 comments:

bug girl said...

And it was a white gummy bear, my favorite. Was it a bit on the crusty side though?

Marie said...

Ah, the sort of thing I would do but never admit. You are brave on many levels, o resourceful one. [Was going to put a smiley emoticon here, but will abstain out of respect for your emoticon aversion.]

apple slice said...

and then you ate him . . . . you are one with the earth and its inhabitants.