Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Postcard Exchange

Upon recommendation from an acquaintance I hardly ever see anymore (she was really only in my life a short window of time) I signed up to be part of The Benevolent Postcard Society.  It’s like pen pals around the world. Each month you get a different name and address to send a postcard to. I have varied the ones I send, I have made a few, picked up a few in travel, sent a few of my favorite Stella Mars’, etc.


The worst one I ever received was with horrid poster paints all gloppy together with glittery kitten stickers attached at the bottom. Oh, you think, this may have been an artistic statement? Perchance, but it was ugly!
This last month of the exchange I wanted to make one especially from Utah. And so I did. Here is a copy of it. I did notice though that the Great Salt Lake looks rather like a squirrel atop a pedestal, and Utah Lake a bit like an angular acorn.  You can find a link to this society on the right side of my blog.  It was great fun to participate in, and so sad to have it end.


FYI, did you notice that if you cut out the little box on the top, the card is the shape of Utah. Yes, I thought it was clever. The part cut out corresponds, in back, to the location of the stamp.

1 comment:

apple slice said...

so exciting! this is a great plan. i'm excited to see how it goes along. the utah card is a gem. they are lucky to know you.