Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Abundance

I would like to create my own holiday called Abundance. To be celebrated during the harvest season.

Saturday morning I met my friends and we drove down to the orchards. This was the 3rd year of our annual ‘apple picking party’, we picked a LOT, and I mean, a LOT of gala apples and wandered through the orchards. We had an amazing luncheon on the lower patio of fresh focaccia bread, brie, arugula salad, and quiche. Then we changed clothing for an 18 mile bike ride over the hills and around the back side of West Mountain to view the rural landscape and the southern tip of Utah Lake. Upon return we had a dessert of lemon pound cake with fresh fruit un jus. A perfect day.


1 comment:

apple slice said...

absolutely! perfection . . . harvest and freedom.