Sunday, May 4, 2008

Great Crepe Cake, Batman


Well, a whole year since I posted last. I have been busy. I moved and started grad school. Now it is summer. Last Sunday a few friends came over to celebrate Lena's birthday. It really was only an excuse for me to show off my new red sofa and to try a recipe I saw in Gourmet, A Crepe Cake. First off, it just looks GREAT! and was a chance to showcase my new cake dome. Secondly, it contains Grand Marnier, and I look for every chance to use liquor in my cooking. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/241754. I think my photo is better than the one Epicurious is using. It was amazingly simple to make and I added lavender to the mix as well. I served Elderflower Presse from Cost Plus World Market for drink as Lena is British and loves the drink. Sweet, but a good choice. Hurrah, it is fun to cook. Wait, I don't think making crepes counts as "cooking", oh, well.


This evening, the birthday girl of last week, Lena, called and suggested a walk. It was a lovely spring evening and so we went on a walk up into the Avenues, we ended up in the cemetery there, it was a lovely walk in and out of the lanes. Saw some interesting headstones too. We are both in favor of simple & cheap funeral arrangements. I am glad she can enjoy a graveyard, some people don't.

2 comments:

apple slice said...

redshoes, the crepe cake is indeed a feat and was it delicous as it looks? I endorse Gourmet. Your table is lovely and that is no surprise. I would love to see your new red couch. Will you post an image? I am also in favor of very simple funeral arrangements. I think it honors the departed. I am glad you have reached your summer. Are you out of school for the time being?

rachel with redshoes on said...

The crepe cake was delicious. Indeed, I will post a photo of my sofa. I am out for the summer but seem to be just as busy. Very disappointed to find myself so. I had visions of lounging on my sofa reading and reading to make up for lost time. Alas.