Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Another Valentine

So Valentine's Day is coming. Most years I have great ideas for a card (inspired by love for my Valentine), sometimes I have had no good ideas. This year I was walking down to the beach with my nephew when the epiphany came. I am sure he wondered why I was giggling to myself. Like most of my most amusing antidotes, they are only amusing to myself. I was reflecting on past cards and since I was surrounded by the conifers of the great Pacific North-west I remembered a pop-up card I had done once of a pine tree for a friend that said "I pine for you". Well, I started thinking harder on that phrase and how I could visually represent that better and came up with my card for this year. "a little botanical word play for Valentine's day." I Pine Fir Yew. hahahahahaha

1 comment:

apple slice said...

This valentine is a lucky gent. These are museum pieces. It is so true we need inspiration to create. It is a cunning photo too!