Friday, August 29, 2008

FLW in SLC


Bradford talking about the abomination of having an air register in the entrance. (Phew, later we found out it wasn't in the original plan).

I heard that there would be a showing of the Frank Lloyd Wright Stromquist home in Bountiful. OH, delight! So I emailed a past beau who enjoys architecture and Bradford & Thomas and we all went. The docents told us not to walk on the carpet or sit on the furniture because it was for sale, etc. and there would be many visitors that day (we were some of the earliest), blah, blah, blah. Well, as a confirmed naughty, I tried to convince my old beau to sit down and let me take his photo, but people kept coming in so he gave up and left the room. Finally I had a chance and I sat in the chair pictured here. I would include the photo of the naughtiness, but in my vanity I cannot. I crashed on my bike earlier that week and besides the bruising, the photo is very uncomplimentary. Oh well. Knowing the old beau was a confirmed scoff-law, I briefly showed him the photo on my phone to impress him with my equally laissez-faire attitude toward the rules. I think it worked.

2 comments:

apple slice said...

Quite divine! The air register is industrial, classic school building. I do wish I could have seen the photo! The bike accident has colored things of late. I hope you have only a slight limp. If the chair was worth a sit, I approve.

Marie said...

I didn't realize the Frank Lloyd Wright house was open for visitors! Thanks for the tip. If I go, I shall attempt to outdo your naughtiness.